- A heat source (burner or stove)
- Small plates for your sprinkles and decorating things
- Spatula or spoon for stirring
- Wax paper
- Something for your pretzels to cool on (like a cookie sheet)
- A double boiler
- Don’t have a double boiler? You will need instead:
- A small saucepan
- A heat-safe bowl that will sit on top of your saucepan without falling in
- A bag of mini pretzels or pretzel sticks (you can sure make your own, but we didn’t)
- Chocolate for dipping (chocolate/white chocolate chips, crumbled chocolate candy, etc.)
You can use candy melts and this will make things less delicate.
- Sprinkles, decorating sugar, etc for your pretzels
Steps to Make It
- Prepare your sprinkles and decorations by putting a thin layer on your small plates
- Prepare your cooling area and set the wax paper on the cookie sheet
- Set aside 1/3 of your chocolate for later
- Fill the saucepan or bottom of your double boiler with about 1 inch of water
- Set it on the burner and heat over medium heat until it’s boiling
- Once it’s boiling, turn the heat down to low
- Put your larger chocolate batch into the bowl or top pan of the double boiler and place it on top of the bottom pan (THIS IS HOT).
– The water should not touch the bottom of the top pan.
- Stir your chocolate in the top pan until it’s completely melted
– Do not let water into the chocolate or it will seize up (clump)!
- Remove the top pan from the double boiler (THIS IS HOT).
- Add the remaining chocolate to your melted chocolate and stir until it is all melted.
- Dip the pretzels in the melted chocolate. You can reheat on the double boiler if needed.
- Roll or tap into your sprinkles
- Set on the wax paper to cool!