DIY Photo Holders
This easy-to-make photo stand came about because the Motley Kids needed somewhere to put some pictures Grandma sent in the mail!
We did ours with a Garden theme, but you can build yours any way you want…spaceships, rockets, even Birthday Llamas (watch the video)!
…crafting offline? Download a PDF of the instructions here…
- Clothespins (we used 3)
- Craft sticks (at least one per clothespin)
- A clean dry rock from outside (it should fit in your fist)
- Air-dry or modeling clay
- Glue guns or double stick foam tape
- Felt or cloth scraps, chenille stems, paper, stickers, and markers to decorate with
- Paint or markers for clay decorating
Steps to Make It
- Mold your clay around your rock (this makes the picture holder heavy). You want to have extra clay in front and back
- Glue or tape a clothespin (clip opens up) to your craft sticks
- Decorate as desired
- Stick your craft sticks into the clay in the back of the rock
- Have your Responsible Adult break a craft stick in half. Decorate the smooth parts (leave the bottom clear)
- Stick the half sticks into the clay in the front of the rock
- Let dry and then paint your clay or decorate with markers!